Saturday 27 February 2010

The Origin of Food

Yesterday our year hosted a exhibition at our university for a project we were doing on food. This was a continuation of my project on the potato and were given this the week before when we were coming close to finishing our A2 broadsheets.

The exhibition that we have done is using 3 dimensional typography to get across our research we all did for our picked food as well as a message we wanted to give across. What I think was good was that we got to see every ones thought process of how they came up with their designs as well as why they have done them.

The design I have done for my wall was very simple. I took the idea of the black dot from my research and broadsheet and wanted it to be very basic and simple, hoping it would be affective. The idea I chose to do was simply spelling the words black dot with ping pong balls i sprayed black and stuck to individual pieces of board. This was done as potato starch is used to make plastics and goes with the topic I mentioned in the previous blog about supermarkets wanting the perfect food, so instead of using good potatoes to make plastics and through away the ones infected with black dot, why don't they just use the infected ones for the starch and keep using the good ones for the markets. This would save so much time, money and labour as well as saving wastage which could be used for something else. This is part of why I chose the ping pong balls as they are made from plastic.

I do think that the exhibition was very good, and thought that everyone has done a really good job at making strong and imaginative pieces of work so think everyone in my class should be proud of what they have done. It will be a shame when they have to come down.

I do not think that we will have another exhibition during 2nd year but am looking forward to the next one we will have and see what everyone will come up with for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment