Wednesday 3 March 2010

T in the Park 2010

Its that time of the year again where people were booking their T in the Park tickets last Friday, getting up early to book it on the net or by phone, queuing up outside Groucho's all day and night just for one ticket. It is crazy what people will do for a ticket and also quite funny.

The line-up for this years event is sounding really good. Kasabian, Madness, Muse, Florence and the Machine are to name but a few and should out do last years festival, which would be pretty hard to top. I am glad to say I was not one of the people getting up early or queuing outside places selling tickets but had already bought my ticket just after the last T in the Park, so I am glad to say I am already well prepared. I have even bought a new tent with more room and space to store mu stuff and move about in.

What is so good about not only T in the Park but any music festival is the atmosphere and the people you go with. Everyone is there for the music and to just simply have an experience we will never forget by obviously seeing bands and musicians we love but to meet new people and have fun with your friends, and YES even the camping is quite fun. As long as you don't camp next to any of the toilets, to which thankfully I have yet again booked a camping site just a few minutes away where I can get a proper breakfast and even walk to the local swimming pool and have a swim and shower and feel all nice and refreshed for the day to come. I can even use the toilet without having to hold my breath or have to pay for it and actually has a proper flushing system, which we are ever so grateful for.

Hopefully this years weather is as good as last year, apart from the few hours of rain we had on the Sunday the weather was brilliant and is where I got most of my tan for the entire summer. It makes the experience as a whole more enjoyable and you can just let loose.

In the actual arena I will mainly be eating at the healthy T as this place had really good food at a fair price. One thing my girlfriend said she will never forget was when we first walked through this food area and I saw a stall selling Arbroath smokies and I went crazy as I had been craving one for months, she thought this was very amusing.

The two main things I am so glad about this year are that both Razor Light and Snow Patrol are not playing, as I was made to go and see them and just thought they were some of the worst things that I have ever seen. Sometimes they forgot the words and were mumbling through half of their songs. Both groups were just too full of themselves and seemed really arrogant. Was RUBBISH. Admittedly am not too keen on Jay-Z so will avoid that at all costs.
The highlight of the whole weekend for me last year was going to see Seasick Steve. His music I just absolutely love and would go and see him over and over again. He was that good that when he came down to the crowd to pick out a girl to take up on stage and sing to I was offering my girlfriend as a sacrifice, but sadly we were not close enough, but just thought the way he played and acted with the crowd was what made the whole weekend worth it. This was the only time during the whole weekend where you actually forgot about anything else in the world and just felt free and alive more than you ever have before.

Even the pricing is reasonably fair. It has gone up in price so much over the years but when you think about it you pay between £170 - £200 to see as many musicians as you want over the three day period where when you go to see someone like Lady Ga Ga who cost £150 for a few hours on the one night. And she played at last years T and wasn't even that good so was well not worth all that money but is good for T in the Park where you can just walk away to go and see someone else.

So now I really can't wait for T in the Park 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment