Wednesday 20 October 2010

Typography in the City



For one of our next projects we were to go out into the town and photograph as many words and letters that we could find lying around or being displayed anywhere. We were to take proper photo's, as though we are actual photographers, we have to think like them. This included extreme close-ups and odd angels.

The purpose of this was so we can create a 5 page magazine layout, which would include a contents, verso page, double page spread and a recto page, all on the topic of typography in the city, of how we look and use type in our everyday lives.

So far I have gone out and taken the photographs, I decided to take pictures of older types and ones that are made of stone, marble to I could have a particular theme for my layout. I really enjoyed doing this as I got to go outside and just simply spend the day taking photographs.

We are only halfway through this project so have not done a lot for it, all I have done is made the first draft for my layout and still need to change it, so it will not be posted till later on. I am really enjoying this project as I would like to go into typography when I leave university. I have found doing magazine layouts and logo's using words to be very interesting and have found them more enjoyable than previous projects and designs that I have done.

The photo's I am using for the imagery in my layout have been photoshopped to have that monotone look to make them look older and dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment