Tuesday 10 November 2009

Cartoons

Do you not just remember when you were little and you couldn't used to wait for the Saturday and Sunday morning cartoons, they were part of our everyday lives, we would watch them in the mornings of the weekdays before school and after school, on CBBC and CITV, then there were the special days of Saturdays and Sundays where the best toons of the week would come on, on such shows as Diggit the SMTVLive, these were the days where young people at the time could forget about everything, such as school, and life in general where they could just sit back, relax and just keep out of the way of the parents. This was quite possibly the only time where we would not get in trouble for anything while we were watching the TV.

I used to think it was great being little and waking up around 6 o'clock in the morning before your mum and dad and it was you who was in charge of the house, you could do whatever you wanted which so happened to be watching TV. This gave me a certain sense of freedom, and used to think it was amazing that I could watch as much television as I wanted. Oh to be young again.

The cartoons I remember I just used to love were mainly batman, Rugrats, Back to the Future, Mighty Max amongst many others.

As I began getting older the cartoons began to grow as well, being aimed at young children but also having humour for the older ones as well such as Dexter's Lab and Cow and Chicken, these could only be viewed on Cartoon Network, an all day cartoon channel for kids, but sadly this eventually began to get a bit boring, and the gags that were on the programs all became the same and began to get to repetitive, and sadly I wasn't interested anymore.

So without cartoons, what was there for me, well I began to get more interested in other programs like documentaries and comedy's like Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses but then I noticed The Simpsons and family Guy, to of the most adult programs I had ever seen and this got me hooked yet again.

Now that I am older I can look back and think about how great cartoons used to be when I was little, it was a more simpler time in my opinion, and can now appreciate what they were about and the humour they had about them, it was something we could all understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment