Monday 30 November 2009

Forgetting Problems

Tomorrow our class are being assessed on our life drawing sketchbooks, so for this I am going to mention my views on life drawing. Well I find it to be quite enjoyable, NOT for the nudity involved in it but because I find just sitting down and drawing something is quite relaxing and to be honest can calm me down if I am in a mood or have been stressed, it creates an atmosphere that makes you concentrate and think about something else for a change, allowing me to forget anything that is currently on my mind, and because you are drawing a piece of art I feel personally that it is something that you are in control of where if anything is on your mind you cannot control properly what you are think and feeling, it is you and only you.

I am not just saying that this is just in life drawing but since I left college I have started to draw more often and have a personal sketchbook where I will easily sit and draw whatever I am in the mood of creating, and feel that my drawing skills have indeed improved since starting this as it keeps me in the reunite without being worried how it will turn out if I haven't drawn in some time. I do feel though that I am best suited to drawing in normal and coloured pencils rather than in coloured pastels or chalks as I enjoy doing the shadows of a person or object but never seem to get the face quite right and end up with a strange smudge towards the top of the image.

So all I have to say is that if you are feeling stressed from finishing off work for university, revision for exams, even doing a presentation or two then just pick up a piece of sketchbook and a pencil a let your mind ease into the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment