Sunday 29 November 2009

Radio Talkers


Everyday I put on the radio on my way to university and everyday is the same old useless rubbish on almost every radio station, and they are all on about the same things as well. I only have a limited amount of stations to listen to, theses being Radio 1, Wave 102, Tay fm, Kingdom fm as well as a Gaelic station and a classical music station. I normally spend the whole journey from my house to where I parked trying to find a decent song as the journey normally takes me about 30 - 40 minutes and am very lucky if there is at least one good song played during this time, as all of the radio host just speak non stop, and they talk about pointless topics that just are not funny or interesting. The worst for this without a doubt is Chris Moyals who just will not shut up, he loves the sound of his own voice and thinks he is just absolutely brilliant at everything he does, just from listening to what he says you realize he is an arrogant, irritating man who thinks he knows best about everything.

SO when I am journeying to university I do nothing but skip the channels, as I find it very uncomfortable to drive in silence and as my CD player is broken ind that I have no choice but to listen to the radio, is a very strange thing to complain about this when I can keep the radio off but I love to complain about things so this helps with that, but I would prefer to hear some music when i am driving.

When the radio host is not speaking or letting us listen to boring adverts they play the same music as the other radio shows, and nearly every morning they play at least one song all at the same time, that is four music channels that i skip to that are playing the same song, and it is normally a very bad song that makes you turn off the radio in disgust but have to turn it on again because of the silence. It does get worse though and this is when somebody does play at least a half decent song but is timely ruined when on of them and the Radio 1 team are truly awful for this and it is when they start speaking through the rest of the song, normally about halfway through it, and even start singing to it but with their own words, what the hell is all that about, there is surely no need for it at all.

Now I would hopefully say that this ever going on discussion that these people have on their show goes on for the duration of my journey but is goes on for the whole day where the other big names on radio only ever talk instead of playing music, that is what music channels are for, to play music, they should move to another station if all they want to do is talk, and I and hopefully a lot of people would be fine if they were on a channel that was meant for discussion and not songs which are very rare on the radio.

What is just as bad though is that obviously there are many radio hosts throughout the day on the channel they all seem to play the same songs, so you will most likely hear the same 4 songs though the whole day over and over again, I know this because ewe used to have Radio 1 on all the time in college but this was mainly for background noise to pass the time. I think that they should cut back to the utter nonsense that these people go o about, if I could I would listen to Radio 2, 3 or 4 but sadly I can't because at least what they talk about is points of interest that do not drag on for about twenty minutes of the same old thing with them trying so hard to be funny in the middle.

Gone are the days when real music was played on the radio, gone are the days where we showed interest of the Radio DJ, sometimes I wish and excuse this lame attempt at a quirky comment but shame that "video didn't kill the radio star".

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit when I used to travel to Dundee I could spend the first half of my journey listening to the radio 1 gang talking about random stuff. I think this is okay for a lil while but i would personally like a good bit music in the morning to get me ready for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete