Monday 30 November 2009

Great Ormand Street Hospital

Does anyone whenever they see the advert on television for the Great Ormond Street Hospital not feel that they should do something to help improve the lives of these children by donating at least a few pound once a month, or should send in a soft cuddly toy to cheer up a sick child and bring a smile to their face, this as we all know is not a lot to ask for, how much effort does it really take to pick up the phone or open a web page, or even to seal an envelope, that's right it doesn't take a lot does it? I know plenty of people who when they see these adverts they say out loud, "if I could do something I would" well what's stopping you? Donate something now; I will even dial for you.

When I see things like this I feel quite sad, because when I moan about something and say my life isn't great or why does it always happen to me, well I cannot imagine just how much pain and stress these young children must be going through, especially at such a young age, and I have so much respect for them because they have gone through so much in their young lives that most of us will never and say gladly experience in our lives as we would most likely not deal with it the way the children do.

I always knew about how the hospital worked around the clock to find cures and treatments for the cases that go through the buildings doors everyday, but didn't realize just how much we the public needed to do to help fund the organization and how we can help improve the lives of the patients within its walls. Like I have already said we can donate how much money we like to help fund for the equipment and help that goes on their, as well as sending in a toy or two, but we can even go a stretch further by possibly sponsoring a child and get in touch by sending a letter once a week or month just to make a friend, it is little things that we can do that would have a great impact for so little.

I do think that it is good when shows such as the X Factor donate part of their profits to a charity, this years charity for the show is the GOSH, and events such as Children In Need and Red Nose Day, but do we need only just a few days of the year to make us realize just how much we are needed to help save lives, how much that doctors and nurses shouldn't always have to be the ones to help the sick, we can do our part for them too. After all these children at GOSH suffer so much and we suffer so very little, can we not all just care a little more?

No comments:

Post a Comment