Sunday 15 November 2009

My Top 5 Websites


This is part of assignment 3B I had to complete an online tutorial that would help us in searching for useful websites that are related to the design world, i found this very useful and below is a list of my top 5 websites that I find to be useful in keeping up to date in the world of design. I hope you find these just as useful.

  • 1. http://www.creativereview.co.uk/
This is a website that helps keep designers in the know about the design world, it has a very successful magazine that has articles and helps promote design companies as well as individuals of their work and as well as what is the next big thing. I know a lot of people will be using this site on their blog but this is because it is a must have website in your top five if you are to keep up to date with what is hot. I have been a subscriber of the magazine for over a year and find it to be a great influence on my work.

  • 2. http://altpick.com/
I have chosen this as this site allows artists from ll areas of design to promote their work to the public. What is good about it is that we can see just like the creative review who is currently at the top of their game at the moment, as well as letting individuals know any upcoming events such as competitions and exhibitions etc. This site also uses an annual where designers can pay to have their work published in it, as these are the best of the best and only the best can get a place in this.

  • 3. http://www.designweek.co.uk/
I found out about this through the creative review when I received leaflet advertising this site and have gone on it ever since. This site allows us to see what jobs are on the go at the moment and what is the big area of design to get into as well.

  • 4. http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/
This site allows designers to look at the latest facts and figures on design. I allows us to look at information from the expert authors on design techniques, methods etc as well as having articles and design resources to look at. I also discovered this through the creative review, a way of knowing other design companies etc.

  • 5. http://www.dandad.org/
This is a organization that allows upcoming designers to enter their work in competitions and to promote their work to top design studios just to get noticed to show how good they can be. I find this site very useful as I can see past entries and see what is coming up next, also this is part of what I will have to do one day so will keep looking at this to see what the competition is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment