Monday 12 October 2009

Day at Sensation


Right I have written a fair few blogs today but that was because of the stupid router went all blackout on me, but this blog is going to be on a day out a had a few months ago to Sensation science center in Dundee. The reason I went to it was because recently Sensation has held a Wallace and Gromit exhibition, so for this reason and reason alone I had to go, as I have been a W&G fan (that is what hard core fans call it) for as long as I can remember. So anyway I went with my girlfriend, romantic I know, to see what it was all about. The whole exhibition was about the big movie, The Curse of the WereRabbit, and how they made all the models and sets.

The really good thing about it was that they had the actual model sets and characters from the film set up, with a few extras set up on them as part of the exhibition. It was really good to look at just how much detail goes into these things, for instance there is a scene in a church room where the have images of the last supper painting redone in the style of Wallace and Gromit and also at how small it all really is, it is truly amazing to look at.

What actually got me thinking about was just the amount of time and effort that must go into making these films, it must be very frustrating and one of the most angry jobs about, don't think I would be able to cope if I accidentally took an arm off Gromit when you were close to finishing a days work, which would only end up as about fifteen seconds of the film, such I have a lot of respect for everyone who works on these animations. The film being an animation makes it even better as I have already expressed my love for them.

The photo's I have are all by me but if you would like to see anymore off them there are well over 100 of them as we looked all around Sensation, so feel free to ask to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment