Thursday 15 October 2009

Internet Gaming

Today I am blogging about the annoyance of Internet gaming. What is so good about it? Does it mean anything? Will they get us anywhere on life? These are just one of the things that make me wonder why people are so addicted to them.

There are so many people all over the world who spend every single day on the Internet playing games such as farmville, mafia wars etc, that they are loosing time that they could have spent doing something else which would probably be much more beneficial to them and most likely a lot more interesting.

The other day when my girlfriend was over I was so annoyed with her when I had to do some work on my computer, and letting her on first thinking she was only going to be a few minutes checking her emails, she instead spent half an hour on facebook games, each time saying she would only be another minute. All I could think about was just how much of a waste of time these things are, I could of gotten so much work done in that half hour and had spare time for other thing after it, but no, the games were much more important to do. At least she isn't one of these people who never leave the computer for them.

Those who cannot live a day without playing an Internet game are in my opinion just very sad indeed, why can't they just get a life instead of wasting their life away, and also doing a great amount of damage to their eyes looking at the screen all day. There are now even programs on TV that show young teenagers spending a few days off school so they can play competitions in the studio, and what's worse is that they can even win a cash prize for doing nothing, and yet even in the comfort if their own home take these things so seriously and shout and scream just because they can't complete a certain level on it.

It was here that I really got thinking of how the people who make games like these are cashing in at the expense of peoples welfare and how the government can come away with how socially deprived the country is in right now when we have such things as games on the net actually stopping us from going outside, meeting new people we can have a proper conversation to face to face instead of over web cam.

I know what I would prefer to do, because unlike Internet gamers I thankfully have a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment