Monday 12 October 2009

The Gulistan

Again on Saturday I went for a lads night out, as it has been a while since I have been around my friends. So for this we started off the night by going for a meal at the Gulistan Indian in Broughty Ferry. I was also looking forward to this as it has been a while since I have had a curry as well. Oh was i disappointed, as soon as i got there it felt very awkward, there was no one else in the restaurant at all except from the five of us, and still we were asked to move, (my friend booking the table for eight), and we were all alone the entire time.
What made me really angry about this was that it was a very quite meal as whenever we spoke we felt we were being watched and were getting a few funny looks from the staff.
The meal itself was not great, the Masala was very watery with no flavour at all, but I was really hungry so ate it all. When I was only half way through my food a waiter came up behind me and took my plate saying your finished, to which I took it back saying I wasn't. It was like we were being kicked out because we were the only people there and they didn't want to do anymore work. This was very cheeky. So when we left we all felt very disappointed as we all used to really like going there but in recent years the standards of the restaurant have gone down hill, and do not think I will be going back there for a while which I am really sad about as it was once a really good curry house.

No comments:

Post a Comment